IEP Plan : Expanded Core Curriculum Games for Visually Impaired Students
ObjectiveEd.com is our new organization where we are building ECC games and interactive simulations for visually impaired students, based on each student’s IEP .
The student’s advancement in learning skills in our ECC-based games and interactive simulations are preserved in a private secure cloud, accessible to the IEP team in a web-based console .
If you are a Special Ed Director , press for more details on learning about these types of games as part of maximizing student outcomes, relating to their
504 school plan .
Judy Dixon’s Accessible Game Book
If you are visually impaired, and you are not familiar with all of the games available on mobile devices, check out her recent book from the National Braille Press “Anyone can play: Accessible Games of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch“.
The book is divided into seven chapters:
- Competitive Games: This chapter describes the Game Center that can be found on every iDevice and a few games that can be played against others through the Game Center.
- Word Games: These are games based on words or letters. It features games that provide clues to either guess or construct the word.
- Card Games: These are mostly traditional card games, ranging from many types of solitaire games to multiplayer games. In the multiplayer games, the game can simulate opponents, or you can play against real opponents.
- Adventure Games: These are games where the player is presented with a scenario and can interact with the world by issuing commands or by making choices.
- Strategy Games: For the most part, these are traditional puzzles and board games requiring a strategic approach to accomplish the object of the game.
- Role-Playing Games: In these games, the player chooses a character with certain traits. The player communicates with others assuming the traits of the chosen character.
- Sports Games: These are action games, many of which will have you out of your chair and moving around to play the game as a single player or against an opponent.