As I mentioned in a blog two weeks ago, I give talks to sighted audiences on how the Blindfold Games got started, what’s important in building an accessible audio game, and what I’ve learned over the past four years.
If you would like a free coupon for one of the games listed below, send me your selfie. Your image will be projected on a screen behind me for just a few seconds, along with hundreds of other people who play the Blindfold Games.
You can get one of any of these Blindfold games: Bingo, Breakout, Connect, Dominoes, Hearts, Phrase Madness, Snakes and Puzzles, or Shuffleboard.
The photo can be a selfie, or a picture of you playing a game on an iPhone or iPad. To get your game, send your photo to email@example.com
How to take a selfie when using voice-over
- Find the camera app, and double tap on it.
- Swipe left or right on the screen to find the camera chooser button that switches the camera from front-facing to back-facing, and select front-facing.
- Swipe left or right on the screen to find camera mode, and select photo. The other camera mode options include square, video and slo-mo. You may have to switch the rotor to adjust value. Once that’s set, swipe up and down to find camera mode photo and double tap.
- Hold the phone with the screen facing your face, and press the volume up or volume down button. It takes a picture each time you press the volume button.
- Swipe left and right to find the photo-video view button, and double tap.
- The photo you just took is now on the screen. It will also have a label saying today, and the time you took the photo. Swipe right until you find the SHARE button. Double tap once you’ve found the share button.
- Swipe left until you reach the MAIL button and double tap.
- Email your selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org